SW Prime. Your local ride at the push of a button.Pick Me Up
SW Prime is a transit service for Eden Prairie, Chaska, Chanhassen, Carver, and Victoria. Plus, Southdale service on Saturdays.
One free, easy transfer is all that you need to travel between the Eden Prairie Zone and the Chan/Chaska/Carver/Victoria Zone. To transfer between zones, you will be dropped off and picked up at SW Chanhassen Village station on Hwy. 212 and Hwy. 101. Transfers will occur between 10am and 3pm.
As a modern local service, you may request a ride through smartphone app, website, or phone, indicate the location from which you want to be picked up and where you want to go. A shared ride will be sent to pick you up.
SW Prime is an on-demand ride service.
Our vehicles are ADA compliant – please indicate whether you will be taking a wheelchair, walker, or bike when requesting a ride.
For more information on the service see our Rider Guide.
Hours of operation:
Monday – Friday 6:30 am– 7:00 pm. Ride requests are not accepted after 6:30 pm.
Saturday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm. Ride requests are not accepted after 3:30 pm.
Rides can be requested using SWPrime.org, the SW Transit Phone App, or by calling 952-SW-PRIME (952)-797-7463. A reservationist will be available to assist with phone reservations Monday-Friday: 6:30am – 6:30pm and Saturday from 10:00am - 3:30pm.
SW PRIME Service Area
SW Prime services the cities of Eden Prairie, Chaska, Chanhassen, Carver, and Victoria. Southdale is also serviced on Saturday.
Connections to Downtown/U of M will be made at East Creek Station (Chaska), SouthWest Village (Chanhassen), and SouthWest Station (Eden Prairie). On Saturdays, connections are made via Metro Transit at Southdale Mall in Edina.
Larger facilities in the service area have designated drop-off and pick-up locations:
- Eden Prairie mall drop-off/pick-up is at the mall entrance between JC Penny and Target stores.
- SouthWest Transit Station in Eden Prairie pick-up/drop-off is Gate A
- Southdale is at Stop C.
Service to Southdale Center is available on Saturdays only.
- $4.00 per person, per ride
- $3.00 for children between 6 and 12 years old accompanied by a paying adult
- Free for children 5 and under if accompanied by a paying adult
- Free for Disabled Veterans: Must show a Veteran's Identification Card issued by the Dept. of Veterans Affairs with the words "Service Connected" or "SC" below the photo.
- $1.00 Fare for seniors (60+) on Mondays
- Free when transferring to or from a SouthWest Transit Express Bus using a Go-To Card. You must request a paper transfer from the Express Bus driver when transferring to SW Prime.
- Prime Cards are available – buy 10 rides and use a handy punch card!