SW Prime. Your local ride at the push of a button.Pick Me Up
SW Prime Changes Effective Monday, April 20th Until Further Notice
Effective Monday, April 20, 2020, SWT Prime rides will be a flat fare of $3.00/ride.
With Gov Tim Walz's initial ‘Stay at Home Order’ on March 27, 2020, SouthWest Transit offered free fares for anyone using its Prime service for essential travel. With the Governor extending the ‘Stay at Home Order’, it is no longer feasible for SWT to be able to provide free rides.
Starting Monday, April 20th through Friday, May 1st, SWT is significantly reducing the cost of Prime service from $5.00 to $3.00 per ride. As always, transfers to and from SWT express services are free.
• Hours of operation: Monday - Friday: 6:30 am - 7 pm
• No Saturday Service
Again, it should be noted, that all travel taken during the ‘Stay at Home Order’ should only be for essential travel reasons only.
Some examples of essential travel include:
• Commuting to an essential sector job that cannot be performed at home. *Examples of essential sectors include healthcare, public safety, child-care, construction.
• Obtaining groceries or other necessary supplies.
• Seeking medical services and medications (do not take transit if sick).
• To care for a family member, friend, or pet in another household
See Gov. Walz’s Stay at Home Executive Order for more information on acceptable reasons to leave home.
What is SW Prime?
SW Prime is a transit service for Eden Prairie, Chaska, Chanhassen, Carver, and Victoria. Plus, Southdale service on Saturdays.
As a modern local service, you may request a ride through our smartphone app or phone, indicate the location from which you want to be picked up and where you want to go. A shared ride will be sent to pick you up.
SW Prime is an on-demand ride service.
Our vehicles are ADA compliant – please indicate whether you will be taking a wheelchair, walker, or bike when requesting a ride.
For more information on the service see our Rider Guide.
Hours of operation:
Monday – Friday 6:30 am– 7:00 pm. Ride requests are not accepted after 6:30 pm.
Saturday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm. Ride requests are not accepted after 3:30 pm.
Rides can be requested using the SW Transit Phone App, or by calling 952-SW-PRIME (952)-797-7463. A reservationist will be available to assist with phone reservations Monday-Friday: 6:30am – 6:30pm and Saturday from 10:00am - 3:30pm.
SW PRIME Service Area
SW Prime services the cities of Eden Prairie, Chaska, Chanhassen, Carver, and Victoria. Southdale is also serviced on Saturday.
Connections to Downtown/U of M will be made at East Creek Station (Chaska), SouthWest Village (Chanhassen), and SouthWest Station (Eden Prairie). On Saturdays, connections are made via Metro Transit at Southdale Mall in Edina.
Larger facilities in the service area have designated drop-off and pick-up locations:
- Eden Prairie mall drop-off/pick-up is at the mall entrance between JC Penny and Target stores.
- SouthWest Transit Station in Eden Prairie pick-up/drop-off is Gate A
- Southdale is at Stop C.
Service to Southdale Center is available on Saturdays only.
- $5.25 when using a credit card
- $5.00 when using cash
- Children between 6 and 12 years old, accompanied by a paying adult:
- $4.25 when using a credit card
- $4.00 when using cash
- Seniors, 65 and over, Mondays from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm and Saturday all day:
- $2.00 when using a credit card or cash
- TAP participants:
- $2.50 when using an SWT issued TAP card only
- Group Rides (Groups of 3 or more being picked up and dropped off at the same location):
- $4.00 per person when using cash or a credit card
- Free for children 5 and under if accompanied by a paying adult
- Free for Disabled Veterans: Must show a Veteran's Identification Card issued by the Dept. of Veterans Affairs with the words "Service Connected" or "SC" below the photo.
- Free when transferring to or from a SouthWest Transit Express Bus using a Go-To Card. You must request a paper transfer from the Express Bus driver when transferring to SW Prime.
- Prime Cards are available – buy 10 rides and use a handy punch card!