SouthWest Transit offers riders the services they need and expect from “the best.” Below are resources that we offer:
Guaranteed Ride Home
The Guaranteed Ride Home program ensures that you will have a ride if you need it – for example, if you have a family issue or need to work unexpected hours. If you are riding transit, biking, or carpooling at least 3 days a week, you qualify for this program which will reimburse you for a taxi ride or your bus fare to get you home when your regular route, carpool or bike can’t. Click here for more information and to register.
Once you’ve registered, you can use a Guaranteed Ride Home up to four times per year or $100 in value, whichever comes first. For example, if your Guaranteed Ride Home is on a bus, you can be reimbursed for four trips during a year. If you choose a cab ride, your fare will be reimbursed up to an annual amount of $100. So relax! Take the bus or train, carpool, vanpool, bike or walk to work and know that you have a Guaranteed Ride Home.
Other Regional Transit Services
- Metro Transit – regional service for the greater Twin Cities area
- Metro Mobility – shared public transportation service for certified riders unable to use regular fixed-route buses due to a disability or health condition
- Minnesota Valley Transit Authority – Apple Valley, Burnsville, Eagan, Rosemount and Savage
- Plymouth Metrolink – Express service to downtown Minneapolis, Reverse Commute services, and Dial-A
- Ride service to local destinations
- Blue Express – from Scott County to downtown Minneapolis
- Shakopee Transit – offers van pools, circulator and commuter bus service to residents of Shakopee and neighboring communities.
- Prior Lake Laker Lines – express to downtown Minneapolis, local Circulator and Shuttle
- Maple Grove Transit – express to downtown Minneapolis and local dial-a-ride service
- Van Go Commuter Vanpool Program – Vanpools are made of 5-15 people commuting to and from work together on a regular basis. Each van has a volunteer driver and back-up driver(s).
Traffic and Weather
Try these links for more information.