Effective date: August 2019
SouthWest Transit ("us", "we", or "our") operates services that include express bus service, on-demand microtransit service including SW Prime and SW Prime MD, the www.swtransit.org website, and mobile applications (the "Services").
Types of Data Collected
While using our Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
- Location information
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Services or when you access the Services by or through a mobile device ("Usage Data").
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's or mobile device’s IP address, operating system, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Services that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, device type, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Services.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Services.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Services. Session Cookies contain information regarding a particular session in which the Services are being used, and all information in a Session Cookie is lost when the web browser is closed.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
When you use a credit card to pay for the Services, a third party that handles payments for us will receive your card information. To keep your payment data secure, we do not store full credit card information on our servers.
Use of Data
We use the data we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, improve, expand, and promote the Services;
- Notify you about changes to our Services;
- Allow you to participate in interactive or personalized features of our Services when you choose to do so;
- Provide you with customer care and support;
- Analyze how the SouthWest Transit community uses the Services, so that we can improve the Services;
- Detect, prevent, and address technical issues;
- Facilitate transactions and payments;
- Find and prevent fraud; and
- Respond to trust and safety issues that may arise.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
SouthWest Transit may disclose your Personal Data in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation;
- Protect and defend the rights or property of SouthWest Transit;
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services;
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public; or
- Protect against legal liability.
Security of Data
We are committed to protecting the data of the SouthWest Transit community. Even though we take reasonable precautions to protect your data, no security measures can be 100% effective, and we cannot guarantee the security of your data.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services ("Services Providers"), to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform Service-related support or to assist us in analyzing how our Services are used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any Children. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children have provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone number: 952-949-2287
- By mail: 14405 West 62nd Street, Eden Prairie, MN 55346