SWT Latest News
- On the Move Newsletter - October 2017
- On The Move Newsletter - July 2017
- On the Move Newsletter May 2017
- On the Move Newsletter March 2017
- On the Move Newsletter December 2016
- News Release - SWT Awards Annual Leadership Awards
- News Release - SW Transit Awarded TAB Grant
- News Release - SWT Receives Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting
- News Release - SWT Receives Business of the Year Award
- On the Move Newsletter September 2016
- On The Move Newsletter March 2016
- News Release - SWT Receives National Honors for Bus and Security Safety
- On The Move Newsletter December 2015
- On The Move Newsletter October 2015
- On The Move Newsletter September 2015
SouthWest Transit Receives Tenth Consecutive Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting
Eden Prairie, MN – November 9, 2017 – SouthWest Transit is pleased to announce that their finance department has been awarded the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada (GFOA) for its comprehensive annual financial report (CAFR). This is the tenth consecutive year that SouthWest Transit has received this award.
The Certificate of Achievement is the highest form of recognition in the area of governmental accounting and financial reporting. To be considered for this certificate, SouthWest Transit has followed strict government guidelines for financial record keeping and reporting and has demonstrated full disclosure.
“As a public agency, we work hard to make sure money is spent wisely and that every penny is accounted for,” said SouthWest Transit Finance Manager Souriyong Souriya. “It is always rewarding when these efforts are recognized.”
SouthWest Transit (SWT) provides express and local bus service to residents of Eden Prairie, Chanhassen, Chaska, Carver, and surrounding communities. SWT operates seven park‐and‐ride lots, including its main hub, SouthWest Station in Eden Prairie. Additional information and complete schedules for SWT can be found at www.swtransit.org or by calling our customer service line at 952‐949‐2BUS (2287).