- Wait for the bus at the appropriate time and place, according to the schedule. PLEASE BE READY 5 MINUTES BEFORE SCHEDULED DEPARTURE.
- Buses will stop at locations marked with bus signs along the route.
- Downtown Minneapolis stops:
- EASTBOUND riders get OFF buses at designated bus stops along 12th St. from Hennepin to 2nd Ave., at “F” stops along 2nd Ave., ending its route at Washington Ave. & 4th Ave. (Gateway). Route 698 continues to the U of M. Pay your fare when you get on the bus.
- WESTBOUND riders get ON buses at designated bus stops along Marquette Ave. from 2nd St. to 10th St. at “D” stops, along 11th St. to Harmon. Route 698 begins at the U of M. Before 3:00 pm, pay your fare when you board. After 3:00 pm, pay your fare when you get off the bus.
How to Pay the Fare:
- EASTBOUND: Pay when you board the bus.
- WESTBOUND: Before 3:00 pm, pay when you board the bus. After 3:00 pm, pay when you depart the bus.
- Go-To Card, UPass, College Pass, Metro Pass: Touch your card to the blue reader. A transfer is embedded. Inform the driver in advance if you are paying for more than one rider.
- Cash: Put bills, coins or tokens in the farebox. Pay exact fare. Change is not available.
- SuperSaver Cards, 31-Day Passes, and Stored Value Cards: Insert your card into the farebox reader. A transfer is embedded in the stored value card.
- SouthWest Transit does not accept checks or credit cards as fare payment on the bus.
- A $.75 surcharge applies to transfers from local to express service.
Can I Bring My Bike?
Of course, you can!
- Bike racks are available at most Park & Ride locations.
- Buses are equipped with bike racks for 2 or 3 bikes.
- Ask your driver how to load your bike on the bus.
Safety and Security:
At SouthWest Transit, we are committed to the safety of our passengers and employees. Safety means teamwork; drivers, dispatch, police and you.
You can assist in keeping our system safe by maintaining a watchful eye on and off the bus. Please notify your driver or customer service of any suspicious activity or unattended packages. You are an important part of our emergency preparedness team.
When parking your vehicle at any Park and Ride facility, be sure that any valuables are out of sight. Be sure to lock your vehicle’s doors.
SouthWest Transit has received the American Public Transportation Association’s “Gold Safety Award” for several years! The award recognizes public transportation organizations for their positive safety record and dedication to improving overall safety.