Current Express Fares
|Youth Ages 5 & Under||Seniors Ages 65+|
|Peak*||$3.25||$3.25||free w/paid fare (limit 3)||$3.25|
|Non-Peak||$2.50||$1.00||free w/paid fare (limit 3)||$1.00|
Peak Hours: Monday-Friday 6:00-9:00 am & 3:00-6:30 pm
Shaded areas on printed schedules indicate routes that are subject to Peak Fare.
Effective 3/5/18: Peak and Non-Peak Fares will be charged based on when you pay for your ride. If paying for a ride between 6:00 am and 9:00 am or 3:00 pm to 6:30 pm, peak fares will apply.
How to Pay Your Fare
- Cash – exact change only (bills or coins); checks and credit cards are not accepted as payment on buses
- Go-To Card
- Metropass – issued by employers
- U-Pass – issued by University of Minnesota
- College Pass – issued by colleges and universities
- Transfer from another bus or rail
- Transit Link transfer
- Free ride vouchers – SWT or Metro Transit
Persons with Disabilities
Persons with disabilities ride for $1 at all times on all SouthWest Transit express routes. To qualify, show your Metro Mobility card or transfer, Metro Transit temporary ID, Minnesota driver’s license/state ID with an “A” or “L” endorsement. For information on certification, call 612-349-7415. NOTE: All SouthWest Transit express buses are ADA accessible. Please tell the driver BEFORE YOU PAY YOUR FARE if you qualify for a reduced fare.
Disabled Veterans ride free at all times. An ID issued by the Department of Veterans Affairs showing “Service Connected” or “SC” must be shown to the driver.
Transfers let you use an unlimited number of buses in any direction for 2 1/2 hours.
- If you paid your fare in cash, ask the driver for a transfer slip.
- Transfers are automatically encoded when using a Go-To Card, MetroPass, U-Pass.
- A $0.75 surcharge applies to transfers from local to express service. This does not apply to those transferring from SW Prime.
- $120 (valid for $3.25 cash fare)
- $90 (valid for $2.50 cash fare)
- $65 (valid for $2.00 cash fare)
- $36 (valid for $1.00 Mobility fare)
Please note that you cannot use coins to upgrade your 31-Day or 7-Day Pass to a higher fare. When you load one of these passes on a Go-To Card, be sure to load stored value also. Otherwise you will need to pay your entire fare in cash.
Fare Card Outlets
SouthWest Transit sells Go-To Cards only. Call 612-373-3333 for other locations.
There are regional tools we need to comply with.